Day 5 - Valencia
We had a few hours in the afternoon to explore Valencia, so we went to the beach to dip our toes in the ocean. It was a warm, clear day and we had a good time walking around the port, which hosted the America's Cup in 2007.
We then drove over to the Museum of Arts and Sciences. When I saw pictures of this place online, I knew we had to visit. Trever found a bench where he could sit and practice his talk for the conference, while I walked around and took pictures. The architecture was so amazing and many of the buildings were covered in white mosaic tile. They were stunning!
Our last stop was in downtown Valencia, where we were hoping to catch the open air market. Unfortunately it closed a half hour before we arrived, so we walked to get Horchata. The horchata was okay but I was missing the cinnamon, I guess they don't make it the same everywhere you go. That night we also had paella because Valencia is the birth place for both horchata and paella. I am glad we tried it but neither of us were crazy about the food.












Comments