Day 3 - Barcelona
Our final day in Barcelona started quite early. We had tickets for Park Guell at 8:30 am and ended up racing across the city on our bikes to make it in time. When the hills started to get steeper and we realized we were going to miss our entrance time, we parked our bikes and grabbed a taxi for the final part of the trip.
The park was definitely a must see! The mosaic tiles and architectural details were really amazing and the upper portion of the park gave fabulous views of the city.

After Park Guell, we walked back to our bikes and them grabbed breakfast at a cafe. The fresh squeezed orange juice and pastries were delicious. I have never been one for eating pastries in the morning but had no problem eating one each-and-every-morning while we were in Spain.
After breakfast we rode over to La Familia Sagrada and entered the site (on the correct day and time). This site was amazing from outside, but the inside was breathtaking. The stained glass windows were our absolute favorite. We spent quite a bit of time taking in all of the views, and while I tried to capture all of the details with my camera, this is truly something you need to see in person.
After La Familia Sagrada, we rode over to La Boqueria and stuffed our bellies with all kinds of delicious food. The prices seemed very reasonable for such fresh food but maybe everything seems reasonable when you live in the Bay Area. The stacks of eggs were very impressive but also made me very nervous. How do you pick them out without the whole stack tumbling to the ground?
After eating, we rode back to our apartment and relaxed before our 9 pm dinner. I took a really good nap that afternoon but unfortunately I didn't fall asleep that night/morning until 2 am. So, I didn't do that again!












Comments