Jane's 2nd Birthday

My blogging has been spotty lately but I had to post a few pictures from Jane's 2nd birthday. We celebrated her big day with an ice cream party. We wanted to keep it low key but also wanted to do something fun. We had an ice cream sundae bar, a great game of pin the cherry on the ice cream cone and a pull pinata for the kiddos (we will save the pinata that requires a bat for later years).
Opening presents is so fun!
It's hard to get a good family picture, but here is one for the record!
If I am honest, it was a busy day in preparing for her party because I had saved some of the last minute details for the day of the party. Jane hadn't been feeling well last week and I couldn't decide if it was teeth or a cold. If she wasn't feeling well I was going to cancel, but luckily she was fine and saved her sickness for the later part of last week. I was feeling bad that I hadn't spent more time with her that day, doing fun things and just making the day about Jane. However, when our friends arrived, she was all smiles and had a really good time. This is all you want as a parent, right!

This sweet girl is getting so big and is becoming so independent. She has opinions about her clothes, likes to put on her own shoes, "do it own", and insists on drinking out of any cup or using any fork that is not her own, especially at dinner time. She is talking up a storm and has so much to say. She is curious about everything around her and always has a lot of questions. Her favorite things include riding her scooter, playing with playdough, snuggling with dad, playing with friends, going to the park, reading books, listing to Wiggly Woo in the car, and cuddling up to anything silky. She is also very curious about the potty and will sit down at least two times a day (although nothing has happened just yet).

My favorite moments with her include reading stories together before bedtime, hearing her little "shout outs" during prayers, listening to her sing primary songs at Family Night and when we sing her to sleep, and watching her light up when she talks to family and gets to spend time with her favorite people. We love this sweet girl and are looking forward to another fun year.

Comments

Johnson Family said…
I can't believe she's two! You look fabulous and the party looked like a lot of fun. Good luck in the next few days. I hope everything goes smoothly and can't wait to meet your next sweet little lady!
Sarah S said…
Jane's birthday was so fun!! My boys had a great time with the pinata and other games... you know how to throw a great party! We love Jane!

Popular Posts