Cate Edith Burgon


I have been meaning to write this post for the past week but life has been busy. We have given our baby girl the name of Cate Edith Burgon. Her middle name is after Trever's maternal grandmother, who we love and respect so much. Jane is named after my maternal grandmother, so we decided to name Cate after Trever's grandma.

Our little girl is now a week old and is doing well. She's had her first bath, has been on a few walks and is doing a lot of eating and sleeping. Jane is doing better each day but having a baby sister has definitely been an adjustment. Jane seems to be excited about her sister, loves to give her kisses, show her new toys and press on her bouncy chair. On the other hand, she doesn't like when I am holding Cate and especially struggles when I have to feed her. When I fed Cate at home for the first time, Jane was quite distraught and kept saying, "mommy hold you" as she sobbed and tried to climb in my lap. It was so sad for me and yet I know that things will get better with time.

Jane wanted to give Cate her hippo, so here they are together. Jane quickly found the silky on the hippo and inserted her thumb into her mouth as she sat next to her sister.
Last week I was anxious to come home from the hospital and was missing Jane. It has been good to be home but I have to say that I enjoyed my quiet time with Cate. It was nice to be alone in my room, relaxing and having her cuddled up on my chest. My days are now busier and I often wonder how I will split my time between my girls. I just take one day at a time and try not to get overwhelmed. I will sure miss my mom when she leaves this Saturday, she has been a BIG help!

As for looks, we think Cate has my nose and mouth, just like Jane. We are hoping that she has her daddy's eyes. She does seem to have extra long lashes, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. :) Her hair is darker than Jane's and seems to be a light brown. I am excited to see this little girl grow and change over the next few weeks and months. We love her so much and feel blessed to have her in our family.

Comments

Julie said…
I can't think of a better way to start the morning than with updates on my new niece! They are such dolls and you and Trev sure make some adorable girls. I'm so excited to meet her, and hopefully pinch-hit a bit for you guys. I'm glad Hippo found a good home and that Jane found her little comfort out of it too. I'm sure all the little bumps in the road will smooth out as adjustments are made, and that Cate and Jane will love each other as much as I love my big sister. They are lucky girls to have each other, because I don't know what I'd do without mine!. Love you. Julie.
naomi said…
Welcome to the world Baby Cate! Congratulations on her arrival and I'm glad to read that everyone is doing well!
Sarah S said…
Okay that picture of Jane sucking her thumb after finding the silky made me laugh out loud. What a darling picture of your two beautiful girls! The beginning is such an adjustment but it will get easier. You're doing great!
Alice said…
Finn used to pretend to want to nurse and then laugh when I nursed Sylvia, then it just went to climbing all over me while I nursed, that lasted the entire year, now I don't nurse her during the day! YAY! Give Jane lots of love and little fun tasks to do like grabbing a diaper or burp cloth. Another thing I did while nursing was blow bubbles for Finn to pop!
Laura Tanner said…
Congrats on your new little girl! We're 7 months in and there are still times when Grace doesn't think she's getting enough attention. Mostly they really love each other already, though.

Popular Posts