
We were fortunate to have my mom in town for two weeks. She arrived just before Cate was born and left this past Saturday. We had a few friends lined up to take Jane when I went into labor, but I was over due and my mom arrived before Cate was born. It was nice that she was in town when we went to the hospital so that Jane didn't have to do too much shuffling. My mom and dad also came from Michigan, so Jane got a lot of TLC for three days. Look at them, they are smitten with their new granddaughter.

Not only did my parents help with Jane, they also showered us with gifts, hung a mirror, and fixed a few things around the house. My mom finished the bumper and closet curtain for Cate's room and helped me create a mobile out of paint chips. You see I have big ideas but don't really have the sewing skills to execute theses ideas. Once the nursery is put together, I will be sure to take pictures. My mom also cleaned, ironed, got up with Jane in the morning, and pretty much took care of anything that needed to be done for two weeks.
Although Jane wasn't on her best behavior when we came home from the hospital, she settled in and was able to have some sweet moments with my mom. My mom was a saint and really helped keep things running around the house. We will sure miss her in the weeks and months to come but look forward to a long visit to California in the midst of the freezing cold winter. We are also looking forward to spending time with the
Burgons at Thanksgiving and my family in Michigan during Christmas. I am so grateful to my family for all of their love and support, it is one of our greatest blessings!
Comments