NYC Day #3

No pictures, just memories. We forgot to put the memory card in our camera but didn't realize this until we were too far from home. Anywho, we slept in again and left apartment about 11:45 am. We took the subway to Clinton Street Bakery on Lower East Side. It was a 45 minute wait so we bought a delicious mint lemonade from a cafe across the street. The brunch or lunch at this point was definitely worth the wait. Trever had blueberry pancakes with maple butter and a side of sugar cured bacon. I had the Mexican scramble. Delish!

After brunch we took the Houston cross-town bus to West Village and wandered around a bit. Unfortunately we were too full to grab any of the treats Julia recommended. Trever was wishing that his stomach bigger. We walked around SoHo for a bit and went to Purl Fabrics. I follow their blog and have made a few things for Jane using their patterns. The truth is, it was hot, my feet were getting tired and I mostly wanted to sit down. All of the shops could not entice this pregnant girl. We found a place for me to get a mani/pedi but unfortunately they took too long and I wasn't able to stay. I may or may not have cried when I met up with Trever. It's ridiculous but I have to put it in here for the sake of laughs and memories. I was tired, probably getting a little dehydrated, feeling pregnant and frumpy and simply wanting to be pampered for a few hours. The tears were not necessary but they came none the less. :)

After regrouping, we walked around SoHo, looked at iPhones at the Apple Store, grabbed a couple of drinks and made our way to the subway. We hung out in Union Square for a few minutes and then met up with Will and Julia at Max Brenner for dinner. Trever and I split our dinner so that we would have plenty of room for dessert. We decided on a banana/chocolate shake and could have probably drank two of them if they were in front of us.

After dinner we went to a showing of 'How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying' at the Al Hirschfeld Theater. We were also considering 'Billy Elliot' or 'Catch Me If You Can,' but I think we made the right choice. The show stared Daniel Radcliff (Harry Potter) and John Laroquette. There was lots of energy with the two stars and it turned out to be a great show. We took the subway home and feel asleep exhausted.

Comments

naomi said…
i LOVE clinton street baking company! i'm so glad you go to there! after i got home from my ny trip i ordered their recipe book. i can't stop dreaming about their biscuits.
The Jackson's said…
Lindy, What a fun trip. Totally jealous you went to New York. Hopefully we should know in a few weeks where will be living in Chicago. I might be coming out the 1st week in August, but not sure yet. I will let you know. I would love to come see you if we do!

Popular Posts