NYC Day #2
This day started a lot later than the first day. We slept in until 10 am and left the apartment at 11:45 am. We took our sweet time and I have to say it felt great!
We started the day by taking the subway to Bryant Park. There was free Broadway in the Park, so of course we had to go. Musical numbers were performed by the casts of Chicago, Newsical, Catch Me If You Can, and Million Dollar Quartet. We had lunch at ‘Wichcraft kiosk and found a table in the shade where we could enjoy our lunch. We were thinking of cutting this out of our day due to time, but I am so glad that we went. Bryant Park is beautiful!
After lunch we walked to Grand Central Station and took the subway to the Upper East Side. We did a quick walk by the Guggenheim, took some pictures and then made our way to the Met.
We spent three hours at the Met and were able to see the Egyptian, Modern, American, Impressionists, and European Masters exhibits. As we walked through the Egyptian exhibit Trever told me about his obsession with Egyptian history and art while he was in 6th grade. I then told him that I spent most of 6th grade on restriction (aka grounded) for being too social. Too funny! I actually really enjoyed the Egyptian exhibit and learned quite a bit. We wrapped up our visit with a trip to the gift shop to buy postcards (Burgon tradition to send a card when you are traveling) and a book for Jane.

Trever made a special effort not to look and act like a tourist, but I am pretty sure he failed in this picture.
After relaxing on the steps of the Met, we walked to Central Park and Delacourt Theater to pick up tickets to Shakespeare in the Park. We won free tickets through the virtual drawing and were so excited. After resting in the park, we met up with Will for dinner at the Shake Shack. The burgers were delicious and although we didn't need fries and the very rich concretes, we ordered those as well.
With full bellies we went back to Delacourt Theater to watch All’s Well That End’s Well. I have to say that Shakespeare is not very easy for me to follow but I really enjoyed this play. It helped to read the synopsis before the show so that I had a sense of what was going on. When the show ended we walked back to Julia and Will’s apartment. We were going to take a bus but it was a gorgeous night and we decided to walk. We finally went to bed at midnight and I don't think I moved the entire night.
We started the day by taking the subway to Bryant Park. There was free Broadway in the Park, so of course we had to go. Musical numbers were performed by the casts of Chicago, Newsical, Catch Me If You Can, and Million Dollar Quartet. We had lunch at ‘Wichcraft kiosk and found a table in the shade where we could enjoy our lunch. We were thinking of cutting this out of our day due to time, but I am so glad that we went. Bryant Park is beautiful!
After lunch we walked to Grand Central Station and took the subway to the Upper East Side. We did a quick walk by the Guggenheim, took some pictures and then made our way to the Met.

Comments