Memorial Day fun!

We had a really warm day today, so we spent the morning at the beach. It felt so good to be in the sunshine after enduring 40 degree temps last week. The winters can be long here but when you can walk to the beach and enjoy beautiful weather, you pretty much forget about winter. The beach front was full and everyone was taking advantage of the amazing weather.

Jane had a blast running through the waves and scooping sand into her bucket. I don't think she looked up once to see if we were there. I think she could have spent the entire day at the beach and been perfectly happy. It makes me so excited for more warm weather and days at the beach.

For those that have been asking, here is a picture of the baby bump. I am still wondering who that girl is with the brown hair. :)

Getting ready to run into the waves.


We spent the afternoon driving WAY north to pick up a bike rack we bought on Craigslist. We are hoping to purchase bikes so that we can take advantage of the great outdoors this summer. We also stopped at REI to try and find a backpack for Trever. They were having their anniversary sale, so we had to stop. Trever spent A LONG TIME in the backpack area but came away empty handed. I think he is going to find something online (fingers crossed). Jane and I spent most of our time in the bike area, testing out the bikes, climbing from bike to bike, trying on helmets and pushing the bikes pretty much anywhere they would go. We also tested out some chairs and pushed luggage up and down the isles for quite some time. She was happy as a clam as long as I didn't touch the luggage. Give that girl a roller bag and she is entertained for hours. It makes me think she can start pulling her own gear when we travel, right.

We had a fabulous 3-day weekend and now it's back to reality. Can't every weekend be 3-days?

Comments

Heather Wade said…
Jane is getting too big! I remember meeting you for the first time when you were pregant with her . . . I think your dark hair looks great!
Heather said…
I forgot that you are the cutest pregnant woman ever! Jane and Ella kind of look like twinners--I will need to update some new pics so you can see (seriously, they are the same size, same hair color/length/curly, same teeth). We miss you Burgon's!
Alecia said…
I second that--you are the prettiest pregnant woman ever! Glad your weekend was great. :)
Side of Jeffrey said…
Don't get your bikes stolen. Getting them stolen sucks. I know. Twice.
Sarah S said…
Darling beach pictures!!
Heather said…
SO CUTE!!! LOVE the beach pictures and I LOVE your new hair color. IT LOOKS GREAT and you look FABULOUS! LOTS of LOVE and SMILES from the Bay!

Popular Posts