California
We just got back from a week long vacation in California. After looking out the window to find snow two weeks ago, I was more than ready to head west. We spent the first half of the week with the Burgons and had a fabulous time. Sunday morning Jane did an indoor Easter egg hunt and was quite pleased with all of the eggs she gathered. She caught on real quick and enjoyed the hunt. She was especially excited to find Oh's cereal. One Easter tradition in the Burgon family is to hide boxes of sugar cereal. Jane LOVED stuffing her mouth with fists full of cereal. She could barely chew because her mouth was so full.
Sunday dinner included ham, cheesy potatoes (not funeral potatoes, according to Andrea), salad, asparagus, and homemade rolls. We had carrot cake cupcakes for dessert and Jane was a huge fan. You can't beat cream cheese frosting and the cupcakes were delicious.
On Monday afternoon we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I was totally impressed with the aquarium and hope to go back sometime soon. I think 4 pm - 6 pm on a weekday is the best time to go. Jane loved running around, in fact she was happy to explore the place all by herself. It was hard to get her to hold still but we were able to capture a few pictures.
Dipping her fingers in the water to touch the rays (stingrays).
Touching the starfish and other gooey things in the water.
This picture proves my point about getting her to hold still.
This picture is kind of blurry but the colors or so great.
Jane with Grandma Burgon. We tried to get Babe (the dog) in the picture as well but didn't have much success. Jane was a huge fan of Babe. I wish I had my camera to capture the two of them (Babe and Jane) riding in the back the of the Land Cruiser on the way to the park. Good times!
The next stop was Menlo Park, where we stayed for free at the Rosewood Hotel. After a year of procrastinating, Trever finally signed up for the alumni association and was able to get a free night at this amazing hotel. I wish we had more time to relax and enjoy this beautiful place. Sometimes his procrastinating drives me crazy but in this case, he waited for just the right time to sign up. We spent the Tuesday evening visiting with friends but did not take any pictures. :(
The second half of our trip was spent with Mimi and Grandpa Jeff. Jane had a blast and enjoyed playing with their new dog, Buddy. She also enjoyed a lot of time outdoors, playing in the rocks, coloring with sidewalk chalk, playing catch with Buddy and exploring the local parks. I am sad to say that we didn't take very many pictures. Luckily Mimi will be here in two weeks and we can try again. We tried taking a few pictures before we left for the airport but getting toddlers to cooperate for the camera under a deadline is pretty much impossible. Here is one picture with Buddy and a glimpse of my new hair color. I am calling it, "back to my roots."
On Monday afternoon we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I was totally impressed with the aquarium and hope to go back sometime soon. I think 4 pm - 6 pm on a weekday is the best time to go. Jane loved running around, in fact she was happy to explore the place all by herself. It was hard to get her to hold still but we were able to capture a few pictures.
The second half of our trip was spent with Mimi and Grandpa Jeff. Jane had a blast and enjoyed playing with their new dog, Buddy. She also enjoyed a lot of time outdoors, playing in the rocks, coloring with sidewalk chalk, playing catch with Buddy and exploring the local parks. I am sad to say that we didn't take very many pictures. Luckily Mimi will be here in two weeks and we can try again. We tried taking a few pictures before we left for the airport but getting toddlers to cooperate for the camera under a deadline is pretty much impossible. Here is one picture with Buddy and a glimpse of my new hair color. I am calling it, "back to my roots."

Comments