Keys

Jane is pretty much obsessed with keys. I thought she had moved on from this little obsession but it's back in full force. She is even picky about the type of keys she wants to play with and prefers the key rings that have lots of buttons to click. The clicking often results in unlocked doors and the sound of beeping car alarms. Oh dear!

Yesterday we made a marathon shopping trip to restock our fridge after being out of town for a week. We first stopped at Costco and then went to the grocery store. As I was parking the car in the grocery store parking lot, Jane was asking for, "keys, keys". I decided to give her the keys once I turned off the car but decided I should open the passenger side door before I got out of the car. I just knew that she would hit the lock button and we would be stuck. I made my way around the car, pleased that the passenger door was still open. I then decided to close the passenger door, thinking the coast was clear and Jane locked the car before I could open her door and get her out of the car. Oh man, the exact scenario that I tried to prevent actually happened. I then tapped on the window several times, telling her to push the button on the key ring but all she did was tap the window. I finally decided to go to the driver side door, knowing that if she clicked the unlock button, it would only unlock the driver side door. She sat in her car seat, holding the keys and smiling at me. At one point, she set the keys down and I started to wonder when I should call Trever or AAA. After a few minutes, she finally clicked the button, I opened the door and we were back in business. The joys of motherhood.

Comments

Alecia said…
hilarious! but not really at the time...
Sarah S said…
lindy!! so glad it worked out okay.

Popular Posts