Fun in Nature
The week of Thanksgiving we went to one of our local parks and had the best time. The sun was out, the park was full of kids and the girls were having so much fun being outside. There is a creek below the playground, so after playing for a bit, I took Jane and Cate down to the creek.
Kids can be entertained with rocks and water for hours. We have had a lot of rain the past week so I am sure this creek bed is much fuller now. When the weather clears up we will have to go back and play. They had the best time!
More rocks for our collection.
The Saturday after Thanksgiving we went to Palo Alto to meet up with our friends the Bookstabers. We knew their family in Illinois. It has been three years since we have seen them, so it was fun to catch up. After an amazing brunch, we went to The Dish. In my single days, I must have walked around that Dish hundreds of times. It was fun to go back and the kids a really fun time together, They especially enjoyed climbing this tree at the top of the hill.
I certainly miss Illinois but I am enjoying the chance to be outside without a big coat in the fall and winter months. I am looking forward to more adventures in nature this winter.







Comments