Weekend update

This week has been a busy. Although we didn't really go anywhere, a lot has happened. Here is the rundown.

High points

Nice weather
Cate has two teeth
Jane got more big girl under ware
Cate had her first ride in the baby swing
Jane got a big girl bed (we just took the outside rail off her bed and put up a guard rail)

Low points
Trever is REALLY sick
Jane is pretty sick
Cate was a little sick and teething

Since both girls are sick, we haven't been doing much socializing but have still been able to get outside. We have been able to ride scooters, play at the park and go for stroller rides around the neighborhood.

Thursday night Trever came home from work and was feeling pretty sick. He never gets sick but when he does, it's usually pretty bad. He tried to be a hero and go to his soccer game on Thursday night but I think he realized that wasn't the best idea. He has pretty much been in bed for the past three days, which is just no fun.

We stayed home from church today so that we wouldn't spread our germs. Luckily the weather was nice and Jane could get outside. We spent most of the morning outside and ate lunch at our patio table outside. I saw flowers peaking out of the ground and even some in bloom. I can feel that spring is just around the corner and boy does it feel good. I even opened a window in our house today, hooray!

After Jane's nap today, we took her scooter to the park. She was happy as a clam, riding her scooter, blowing her whistle (maybe not the best idea, but ya know), the wind in her hair.
Once we got to the park, she played around and eventually took off her shoes and socks so she could feel the sand in her toes. At one point I turned around to find her striping off her shirt. She quickly put it on the ground and took off running. Once I caught her we had a good laugh and I was able to convince her to put her shirt back on. Oh to be young!
This week we are hoping for more warm weather and a healthy family. Good night.

Comments

Side of Jeffrey said…
Thanks for not coming to church.
Alyson said…
Sounds lovely. I just can't get over how much Jane looks like you! That is so fun - she will be a beauty for sure. :)
Sarah S said…
Jane is pretty hilarious shirtless at the park. I love her carefree spirit :) And poor Trever. Glad you were able to avoid the sickness!!!

Popular Posts