Going Green

My little non-vegetable eater has been more adventurous lately. Last week she tried a green bean, without prompting and claimed to like it. She didn't finish the bean but we are happy with the baby steps she is taking. One morning last week, Jane asked to try the spinach that I was putting in our smoothie. Of course I let her try it, I was thrilled she asked. Flash forward to this morning, I was making another smoothie with spinach and she asked if, "my little Jane Bear could try the spinach." Of course I let her try it but shortly after she put it in her mouth, she gagged and ended up throwing up. Yuck! The lettuce stuck to her tongue and I think it made her gag. I ended up putting her in the bathtub because she threw up in her hair and on her clothes. As she was sitting in the tub, she asked if she could try the spinach again. I wasn't going to deny her, so I let her try it but tore it into smaller pieces. She gagged again and threw up in the tub. Oh man! After draining the tub and refilling it, she finished her bath and finally ate her breakfast. I thought she was done trying spinach but she asked to try it again when I was making our salad tonight. I was hesitant but I gave her a tiny piece. She started to gag but was able to chew and swallow. I love the enthusiasm but I just hope she can keep her food in her tummy.

Comments

Alecia said…
Oh my gosh! Your title is perfect. Yuck!

Popular Posts