Winter Getaway
After enduring a VERY long Chicago winter last year, we were determined to get away this winter. We booked our tickets to California and spent two weeks in the sunshine. Trever was able to join us for the first half of the trip and I stayed for an additional week with the girls.
Upon landing in San Francisco, all I could think about was how the heck I was going to get home with two kiddos. I tried to block it out so that I could enjoy our trip but the thought still lingered in the back of my mind. I am happy to say that the flight home was actually much better than the flight to San Francisco. We had a few intense moments, like when I realized that I didn't charge the DVD player and when Jane spilled her water all over her chair, drenching piggy and her pants, but we survived. They had a plug under our seat for the DVD player and the nice woman sitting next to Jane helped with the water clean up. You have to expect that things are going to get a little crazy when traveling with two kiddos, right?
Our first stop in the Bay Area was Apple Wood Pizza, delish! Our next adventure was at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. This place is really amazing and is the best aquarium that I have been to. We even got to see the octopus up close and personal this time. It was swimming around and had us in awe for several minutes. Jane had a fabulous time dipping her hands in the water, looking at fish, playing in the children's area and pushing the umbrella stroller (note to self, leave the umbrella stroller in the car next time).
On the way home we stopped at Phil's Fish Market in Moss Landing. Interesting fact, Bobby Flay did a throw down at this restaurant. The food was so good and Jane went to town on her fish and chips. Her little body paid for it in the days to follow but I will spare you the details. Cate just woke up from her nap, so I will include more updates and pictures later.
Upon landing in San Francisco, all I could think about was how the heck I was going to get home with two kiddos. I tried to block it out so that I could enjoy our trip but the thought still lingered in the back of my mind. I am happy to say that the flight home was actually much better than the flight to San Francisco. We had a few intense moments, like when I realized that I didn't charge the DVD player and when Jane spilled her water all over her chair, drenching piggy and her pants, but we survived. They had a plug under our seat for the DVD player and the nice woman sitting next to Jane helped with the water clean up. You have to expect that things are going to get a little crazy when traveling with two kiddos, right?
Our first stop in the Bay Area was Apple Wood Pizza, delish! Our next adventure was at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. This place is really amazing and is the best aquarium that I have been to. We even got to see the octopus up close and personal this time. It was swimming around and had us in awe for several minutes. Jane had a fabulous time dipping her hands in the water, looking at fish, playing in the children's area and pushing the umbrella stroller (note to self, leave the umbrella stroller in the car next time).
Fun in the wave room with Grandma.

Comments