Mothering

I walked into Jane's room this morning to find this little moment. Jane was reading to her baby, much the same way that we read to her before she goes to sleep. After she was done reading, she put her baby into bed. It's more like she threw her over the top of the crib, luckily it's just a baby.
I also witnessed her nursing her baby this week. She pulled up her shirt and did the whole thing. This is not a moment that I captured with the camera. :)

Jane has developed some great mothering skills over the past four months but I don't think she is ready to babysit anyone just yet. She also has been sitting on Cate like she is a horse, laying on Cate in her bouncer, standing on her when she is laying under her gym and this morning she almost whacked her on the head with the popper. Luckily I have been close by to prevent any injuries.

Comments

Alyson said…
That is so fun. I love to see the nurturing side of our little girls! When I am putting Caroline down for a nap, I will often find that someone else has already put their doll to bed in her crib! It always makes me smile. We definitely need to get the Jane girls together!
CAISA said…
cute! beck is the same way. so, i guess boys have that nurturing too? except that his doll is a teddy bear dressed in a basketball jersey. and, instead of nursing, he pumps milk for his "baby brock". he can even correctly assemble a dr. brown's bottle... no easy task!
and, sadly i haven't prevented the babes from injuries by the older brother. nothing serious, but they do get whacked in the head every so often. one too many babies for me to constantly protect, i guess :-)
Alecia said…
Ummm.... no nurturing on this end. Sometimes, they give Noah toys:)
Sarah S said…
Jane is so darling!! Love her and your cute stories about her. She is going to be a great mom someday :)

Popular Posts