
This little girl is knee deep into her 2nd year. Some days I think the 2's are terrific and a lot of days I know why they are called the terrible 2's. It's fun to see Jane learn to dress herself, turn off lights, wash her hands, open and close doors, climb onto the potty, climb into her car seat and snap her buckle ALL BY HERSELF. She has also mastered the preschool flip and is able to put on her own jacket with ease. In fact she loves the preschool flip and has also started using it to put on her pajamas. The downside of all this independence is that she FREAKS OUT when she senses I may even be thinking about helping her complete a task. I really do try and step aside because I want her to be independent, but sometimes when she is crying in frustration and is "stuck", I offer my help. It's usually not a good idea but I have learned it's best to ask before offering assistance.
I do appreciate her help unloading the dishwasher, chasing down whatever item I may need for Cate and helping me put away the laundry. She is a great big sister and is eager to help with whatever Cate may need. She also keeps us laughing with her silly questions and observations of the world. Here are a few conversations we have had in the past few weeks:
Jane: Mom, who turned the rain on?
Me: Mother Nature (it's the best I could come up with).
Jane: Yes, not Sister Stone? (one of her nursery leaders).
Me: Jane, do you like being a big sister?
Jane: Yes.
Me: Is it fun to have a sister?
Jane: Yes, I want a sister-brother.
I think this means she would like a brother, I certainly hope she is not asking for twins. Heaven help me!
Comments