Updates

I had a quiet moment, so I thought I would take a minute to reflect on the week and give a little update. We have almost completed week 5 as a family of four and for the most part we are doing ok. I think the sleep deprivation started to kick in this week, and therefore I haven't used my best parenting skills. I feel bad at times, wishing I was more patient with Jane and yet sometimes I just get so frustrated with this cute little toddler of mine.

On Wednesday we finally made it out of the house at 10:30 am to go to playgroup at our church. By the time I put both girls in the car with all of our gear, I was ready to go back inside. When we arrived at the church, Jane was extra clingy and wasn't into playing with the other kids. She was tired, irritable and actually screamed in the face of one of her friends (oh, and me as well). After taking her out of the gym for a little talking to, she was better for a minute but things never really turned around. I will spare you the details but there were a few other incidents, which resulted in us leaving and everyone taking a nap that afternoon. As we were driving home from the church I was so angry with Jane and was not wanting to forgive her for the chaos that we experienced at playgroup. She, on the other hand, was happy to forgive me, wanted to chat and just wanted me to snuggle her when we got home. How mature of me, right! I am always learning from her and this reminder of being quick to forgive and move on was a good one.

The rest of the week was a little hectic but we made it. Cate has still been a great baby and I really can't complain. She is sleeping well at night and is pretty content during the day. Jane really is a good big sister and has been sweet with her "baby sista."

Trever is staying busy and is currently charged with finding us a new car. We are looking for a minivan and are hoping to make a purchase this week. If we don't purchase a new car before we drive to Michigan this Christmas, we will have to caravan. Doesn't that sound fun? I used to think I would never drive a minivan and now I am excited to do so. The extra space, the sliding doors, oh baby!

My in-laws are arriving this evening and we will have more family arrive on Tuesday. I am excited to see everyone and to have some extra hands to help. We will be cozy in our little place but it's so much fun to be together.

Well, Jane is now awake and I should pay attention to her. I will leave you with my favorite quote of the week from Trever. After Jane screamed for no particular reason, Trever said, "Jane, we don't scream unless someone is hurting us or the 49er's score a touchdown." Well there you have it, rules to live by. Over and out.

Comments

Johnson Family said…
Lindy- Your situation is totally normal! I remember having a very similar experience w/ Syd right after GG was born. Call me and we can commiserate. But don't worry, things do get better.
I love Trev's quote, I'll have to use that one :-)
Alecia said…
Oh my how we are on the SAME PAGE! I love Trever's rules to live by :) Good luck finding a minivan--you will LOVE the difference it makes.
Alyson said…
It sounds like you are doing everything right. Bringing number 2 home really rocks number 1's world. Good luck on the car hunt- I'm jealous!! Whoever thought I'd be jealous of a minivan??? :)
Molly and Jason said…
beautiful pic! great colors!

Popular Posts