A name and a blessing
I am still in the feelings of honor and surprise. Your beautiful gift to me is tender and very dear! My precious dad so adored his sister Edith. They had a fun relationship that he honored. His sister married and had four sons. When her last son was born, she died and hearts were broken. My dad missed her so very much and his hurt was deep. My dad married and then went to war. After the war and he became a pappa to me, he wanted me to have his sister's name. My dad blessed me "Edith." He often told me about his sister and his other sisters also. He was the next to the youngest child of 13 children. I never knew this sister of my dad, only through my dad. You are giving honor and love to your grandma and to your great grandpa's sister and we love you for it. Love, Grandma Sharp
After reading this note, we felt even more confident that we chose the perfect name for Cate. I am excited to share this note with her when she is older.
Here are a few pictures from today. I was hoping to get a family picture with Jane and Cate, but Jane was determined to go to nursery. It's the main reason she comes to church and there was not stopping her. :)
We love you sweet baby Cate!

Comments