Cate 1 month
So it turns out it's not as easy to stay up to date on pictures and documenting with the second child. However, I am doing my best and want Cate to feel just as special as Jane. We had a quiet moment this afternoon when Jane went down for her nap, so I snapped a few pictures. Cate is technically 6 weeks old in these pictures, but you get the idea.

We had Cate's one month check-up last week and she is a healthy baby girl. She has gained 3 pounds since she was born and is weighing in at 12 lbs 4oz. I was totally surprised and also grateful for a healthy little girl. She is also quite long, 23.5 inches to be exact. She definitely doesn't look like a newborn and is looking more grown up each day.
Cate loves to sleep on her tummy and has been taking naps on her tummy for the past week. My pediatrician encouraged me to put her on her tummy as much as possible during the day. I still have to keep her on her back at night but as soon as I get the green light, I am flipping her over. She sleeps MUCH better this way. She hates to have her hands by her side and will fight and fight to get them loose.
I have caught a few smiles from her in the past week and look forward to many more. Cate has been a dream boat and we are so lucky to have such a calm baby. She rarely cries and so far she hasn't been fussy at night (knock on wood). She seems to have a calm, sweet demeanor, for which we are most grateful at this busy time of life. We love you Cate!
Cate loves to sleep on her tummy and has been taking naps on her tummy for the past week. My pediatrician encouraged me to put her on her tummy as much as possible during the day. I still have to keep her on her back at night but as soon as I get the green light, I am flipping her over. She sleeps MUCH better this way. She hates to have her hands by her side and will fight and fight to get them loose.
I have caught a few smiles from her in the past week and look forward to many more. Cate has been a dream boat and we are so lucky to have such a calm baby. She rarely cries and so far she hasn't been fussy at night (knock on wood). She seems to have a calm, sweet demeanor, for which we are most grateful at this busy time of life. We love you Cate!

Comments