Three


Happy Birthday Jane Bear! There is so much I can say about Jane. In the past six months, I feel like she  has grown so much. She has become such a girly, girl. She loves to play dress up, has told me that pink and purple are her best (aka favorite colors) and can read Fancy Nancy and Pinkalicious books all day and night (sigh).

She loves to play with friends and is into pretend play. I love to hear her pretend phone conversations or sit through her reenactment of a preschool lesson. It's fun to watch her play with her babies, doing the same exact things that I do with her and Cate. It's amazing how much she soaks in and it's fun to learn just exactly what's going on in her little brain as she plays out the different pieces of her life.

Jane loves music! In fact she has opinions about music and will make them known. When we get in the car, she tells me to plug in my phone or turn on the music. She still doesn't understand that I have no control over what they play on the radio or Pandora. Her favorite song at the moment is Call Me Maybe. I am pretty sure I have heard it over 100 times in the past month. She also has opinions about how loud the music should be and is constantly asking me to turn it up. Sometimes she will say, "let's rock!" I love to look in the rear view mirror and catch her singing or dancing.

Jane is still taking a nap but we have cut it short. In the past month she has not been able to fall asleep at her regular bedtime, so we let her rest for an hour and then wake her up. This works okay for now, but I have a feeling she will be giving up her nap in the next few months. Jane is a big fan of treats but not a big fan of eating. She does okay for breakfast but lunch and dinner are not on her top list of priorities. She is kind of picky when it comes to food and will often tell me, "sometimes I like _____ and sometimes I don't." How do you respond to that statement?


Jane is spunky, she has opinions and she knows what she wants. If there is something that she can do by herself, she wants to do it. She wants to squeeze the toothpaste, get herself dressed, buckle her seat belt, fill up her cup AND turn the lid all-by-herself. She doesn't care if her shoes are on the wrong feet and actually prefers it that way sometimes. She is not a fan of having her hair washed or brushed and sometimes moans through this portion of her day. I am grateful for her independent spirit and yet sometimes I want to pull my hair out. In addition to her spunk, Jane also has a sensitive soul and can even be dramatic at times. Last week we were trying to do quiet time and she wasn't really having it. There were some battles, some tears and a lot of drama. At one point she told me, "my cough is scaring me." Oh Jane, you make me laugh (most of the time).


I am excited for the next year with Jane and for all of the adventures we will have. It has been so fun to watch her grow and change over the past year. Jane, we love having you in our family and are grateful for all the excitement and joy you bring to our lives. Happy birthday sweetheart!

Comments

Popular Posts