Happy Mudder's Day


I had a great weekend with these girls. Yesterday I was able to enjoy some time to myself, which was also nice. I had a hair appointment in the afternoon and was able to go shopping all-by-myself that evening. In between my hair appointment and my shopping spree, I came home to enjoy take-out from one of our favorite places. As soon as I walked in the door, Jane told me not to go into her room because that was where they were hiding the flowers. She talked about the flowers quite a bit and even mentioned that there were cards. It's hard to keep a secret when you are two.

Before we ate, Trever told me that after dinner I could go shopping and then stay at hotel near the shopping center. He would take care of the girls and I could meet them at church in the morning. First off, totally nice of Trever, great idea and really thoughtful. However, I was content to have an evening to myself but didn't really want to stay alone in a hotel room. If he could have come along or if I could have hung out with my girlfriends, that would have been fun but a night alone just didn't sound fun to me. Call me crazy but that is how I felt. Trever admitted that it didn't seem like something that I would like to do. Apparently I had mentioned how nice it would be to stay in hotel room all by myself on a few occasions over the past few weeks. I told him he can't take me serious when I make such comments in the early hours of the morning or at the end of a long day. Oh well, love him for trying to create a special getaway for me.

This morning we went to church and I was able to listen to three fabulous talks. I also enjoyed a long nap this afternoon and delicious dinner cooked by Trever. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family and to be a mother. It's definitely the most challenging thing I have ever done but I am grateful for this opportunity. I am learning more about patience, love and sacrifice. I know that I am being refined and although it can be hard at times, I know that it's helping me become the woman and mother I want to be. I am grateful for the roll that I have in raising these two beautiful girls and am grateful for Trever and the support that he gives me. His calm demeanor and constant support keep me grounded. Finally, I am grateful for my own mothers and for the ways in which they continue to support and bless my life. I am finally getting a tiny glimpse of the sacrifices that they made for me.

Here are a few pictures that Trever took with me and the girls. I don't take enough pictures with these girls and I want that to change. They aren't perfect but I love them because we are together.

Cate was a little serious today. Love this sweet girl!
 

I had to get silly if I was going to get pictures with Jane. Here are some of my favorites.

Comments

You look fabulous! Happy Mother's Day. There is nothing better than being a mom. :)
Krista said…
Lindy, You look so great! And your girls are so cute. I love cute Cate's serious face.
Alyson said…
Lindy, I agree with the others, you look amazing! No surprise there. :) Your girls are darling as always. Happy Mother's Day to you! You are one hot mama!
CAISA said…
cute pics! and, tell trever that i'll take him up on the hotel room all by myself any night! :-) i've done it once and plan to make it a fairly regular thing :-)
Molly and Jason said…
save the hotel for when I come!!! I am coming!
ChelsieWatts said…
That first picture of the three of you is my favorite ever. So many personalities! Trever's hotel story is also a new favorite. Next time, just make sure he gives you more notice . . . .girls night!
Alecia said…
Hello beautiful momma!

Popular Posts