Fun in the sun

We have been enjoying some beautiful weather lately and yesterday was no exception. We meet up with some friends at the park and played for 2.5 hours. Jane didn't even stop for food, which isn't totally surprising.  After both girls woke up from their naps, I thought it would be fun to fill the baby pool and and play outside. The water was a little cold but Cate seemed to be happy to splash around. I tried to get a quick photo of both girls but just as I was about to snap the picture, Cate slipped and splashed into the water. She was fine, but she was not happy!

I decided to keep Cate out of the pool and let her play on the grass with a few toys. Jane was happy playing in the water and was helping me water our newly planted garden. Jane wanted to play with the hose, so I let her water some of the plants along the back of the house. I put the sprayer on lock, so it would be easy to hold and let her go to town. Well, low and behold, she turned with the hose in hand, sprayed Cate, sprayed me and continued to spray water all over the yard. I lunged for the hose, practically falling out of my newly soaked flip flops and was able to turn off the hose before all of us were soaked. It was pretty hilarious but Cate did not find the humor. The next hour leading up to dinner was equally eventful but that is another story. I am just glad that it's warm and that summer is almost here.
 Before being sprayed with the hose.
 After being sprayed with the hose.

Comments

Alecia said…
Ah, the hose! Why are they so fun??? Love that little bathing suit.

Popular Posts