Happy Valentine's Day
Today is a good day. The sun is shinning and I am spending the day with my two loves (see below). I kicked off the Valentine festivities on Saturday morning with a pancake breakfast for my love. It's hard to know what to get a guy (my guy) for Valentine's day, so after scratching my head, I came up with the idea to cook him breakfast. I think that pancakes and chocolate chip cookies are Trever's favorite foods and food really is the key to his heart. When he returned from basketball on Saturday I had blueberry pancakes with homemade pecan syrup ready for consumption. Why are these pancakes so yummy? I think it's the stick of butter (half in the pancakes and half in the syrup) that make them so delicious.

Last night I went to a meeting for church. Trever and I were going to go together but we decided that one of us should stay home with Jane. We would have taken her to the meeting but she hasn't been feeling the best and a girl needs her beauty rest. To make a long story short, Trever and I decided to do a little switcharoo with the cars and I ended up driving home his car. When I looked in the back seat I saw a bag from LL Bean with a shoe box. Hmm.... could it be the slippers that I have been wanting? I felt bad that I found the bag and ruined the surprise. So the dilemma: do I pretend I didn't see the bag and act surprised or do I tell him I saw the bag and thank him many times over? I was going to leave the bag and confess later but when I arrived home and had to park the car two blocks north of our house, I decided to bring the bag inside. I mean I didn't want him to have to walk in the cold snow to get my gift. :) When I came inside he said, "oops, I forgot about the bag in the back of the seat." It didn't bother me a bit. I now have a new pair of slippers, which are a must for walking on hardwood floors in the middle of winter. Thank you my love!
In other news, Jane got her first Valentine in the mail. It's not from a boy, it's from my cute friend Heather who doesn't miss a beat when it comes to holidays and special events. Thanks Heather! Jane also received the book, Goodnight Chicago from our neighbors, so thoughtful! I also received a Valentine this year. My sweetheart made a homemade card, which is quite creative (see below). Happy Valentine's Day!!

Last night I went to a meeting for church. Trever and I were going to go together but we decided that one of us should stay home with Jane. We would have taken her to the meeting but she hasn't been feeling the best and a girl needs her beauty rest. To make a long story short, Trever and I decided to do a little switcharoo with the cars and I ended up driving home his car. When I looked in the back seat I saw a bag from LL Bean with a shoe box. Hmm.... could it be the slippers that I have been wanting? I felt bad that I found the bag and ruined the surprise. So the dilemma: do I pretend I didn't see the bag and act surprised or do I tell him I saw the bag and thank him many times over? I was going to leave the bag and confess later but when I arrived home and had to park the car two blocks north of our house, I decided to bring the bag inside. I mean I didn't want him to have to walk in the cold snow to get my gift. :) When I came inside he said, "oops, I forgot about the bag in the back of the seat." It didn't bother me a bit. I now have a new pair of slippers, which are a must for walking on hardwood floors in the middle of winter. Thank you my love!
In other news, Jane got her first Valentine in the mail. It's not from a boy, it's from my cute friend Heather who doesn't miss a beat when it comes to holidays and special events. Thanks Heather! Jane also received the book, Goodnight Chicago from our neighbors, so thoughtful! I also received a Valentine this year. My sweetheart made a homemade card, which is quite creative (see below). Happy Valentine's Day!!

Comments