4 month stats

We went to Jane's 4 month appointment today and all is well. She is still off the charts in height and turns out she has a pretty big head as well. Here are her stats:

Height: 27 1/4 in (95-99%)
Weight: 15.1 lbs (75%)
Head: 43 1/4 cm (95%)

We love this little girl and are having so much fun. At four months she is:
  • putting everything in her mouth and drooling up a storm.
  • rolling over from back to front (only to one side). Today she also rolled over from front to back.
  • giving the cutest smiles and laughing out loud. We love when she gives a good belly laugh.
  • reaching for things and especially loving the toys that are hanging from her car seat.
  • very alert and turning her head to see what is going on.
She just returned from her first plane ride to California and hopes to have many more. I can't believe how much she has grown in just four months. The doctor said that I can start feeding her rice cereal and trying out some fruits and vegetables (once per day). Does anyone have good suggestions for books on making your own food?

Here are some recent pictures of our little one at four months. We love you Jane!







Doesn't she look smart!

Comments

Sue Anne said…
Lindy - She is so cute! :) Definitely get ahold of Toria (let me know if you need a link). She's the queen of puree and baby food.
Krista said…
ohhh she is so sweet and beautiful. I am so jealous you got to go to cali too. What a fun getaway. Babyfood...so I would make squash, sweet potatoes, carrots etc I would bake them and then puree them and store them in an ice cube tray and stick them in the freezer. Then I would take out a couple days supply and put it in the fridge to thaw itself. My kids loved banana squash and sweet potatoes.
Sarah S said…
Jane is so darling!! And has such impressive stats. I think I have a book you can borrow - I had good intentions w/ doing it when Eli was a baby, but got too busy with other stuff and was lazy. I'll check when Charlie wakes up...

I love your California trip pics too. How nice of Chicago to get blasted with snow the week after you're back from a green, pleasant, sunny place. :)
The Jackson's said…
Can I just say I adore your cute baby! Anyways, I just went online and googled homemade baby food. I found a website that had a bunch of food recipes. It was really easy. Pretty much just steaming food and purreeing it until smooth. I froze them in ice cube trays and then popped them out into freezer bags. Let me know how it goes! It's a little time consuming, but lots cheaper.
Carrie said…
I think it's easier (and without any negatives) to start solids at 6 months! Enjoy the ease of nursing only for a bit longer. So I'd say wait :)

Jane is darling. I'm still so bummed we missed you while you're in California. Move back!

Popular Posts