Shots
Thanks to a call from my friend Heather, Trever and I were able to get the H1N1 shot on Saturday. I have been looking all over for the vaccine and haven't had much luck. Over the weekend they were giving the shots to high risk groups at the local high school.
If you know me well, you know that I don't like shots. I know they don't really hurt and it's not a big deal but I was traumatized as a child. After spending 30 minutes in the "clinic" on Saturday morning I can see why kids are traumatized by shots. They were giving the shots in one big room so everyone could hear the screaming, sobbing kids. Who wouldn't be scared if they saw a bunch of little people screaming at the top of their lungs? Ai yi yi.
When I sat down for my shot I turned my head away and tried to stay calm. You would think that after giving birth that a shot would be no big deal. Well... it still bothers me. I was lucky to have my sweet husband there to say, "It's going to hurt real bad!", are you kidding me! After he got the look of death he grabbed my hand and held on until the shot was over. Oh wait... four shots were over. The woman giving the shot pricked me four times before she got it right. She kept saying, "sorry, I hit the bone". What type of qualifications do these people have for this job? Anyway, it wasn't so bad and we now have the vaccine. Next up, Jane's two month appointment where she will get two shots in the leg. I think Trever should take the day off to take her don't you?
If you know me well, you know that I don't like shots. I know they don't really hurt and it's not a big deal but I was traumatized as a child. After spending 30 minutes in the "clinic" on Saturday morning I can see why kids are traumatized by shots. They were giving the shots in one big room so everyone could hear the screaming, sobbing kids. Who wouldn't be scared if they saw a bunch of little people screaming at the top of their lungs? Ai yi yi.
When I sat down for my shot I turned my head away and tried to stay calm. You would think that after giving birth that a shot would be no big deal. Well... it still bothers me. I was lucky to have my sweet husband there to say, "It's going to hurt real bad!", are you kidding me! After he got the look of death he grabbed my hand and held on until the shot was over. Oh wait... four shots were over. The woman giving the shot pricked me four times before she got it right. She kept saying, "sorry, I hit the bone". What type of qualifications do these people have for this job? Anyway, it wasn't so bad and we now have the vaccine. Next up, Jane's two month appointment where she will get two shots in the leg. I think Trever should take the day off to take her don't you?

Comments