We made it!
We are finally here and have moved into our new place. Although it was a busy month leading up to our move, the actual move has been very smooth. I think the most challenging thing thus far has been working with Comcast but after a few phone calls and trips to the Comcast office, we are up and running. All of our things arrived on Tuesday and everything is still in one piece. We were lucky to have more than enough help from our ward and had the pods unpacked in less than an hour.
With the exception of our bed and kitchen table, we sold all of our furniture before we left. We are now on the hunt for furniture and were able find a desk on Craigslist on Friday. On Saturday we had a marathon trip to IKEA and were able to find some dressers. The IKEA here is huge and is quite overwhelming. I think we will have to make another trip because we were both exhausted after looking for 3+ hours. How have we moved all of this furniture? Once again the Vibe continues to impress. We had to drive home roller coaster style from IKEA but we were able to fit everything into the car. This car is simply amazing!
We love our place and have enjoyed walking through our new neighborhood. We are extremely close to public transportation, the lake and downtown. The houses are beautiful and the architecture is amazing. The weather has been nice with the exception of this weekend. It was 90 degrees yesterday and felt like we had 90% humidity as well. So far we are managing without AC but I sure hope it cools off this week.
In other news... we are looking at various options for our phone plan and are trying to embrace the fact that we will need to go with Verizon. Trever and I have been on different plans for the past year and half and finally decided we would both go with ATT once we moved. This is huge for me because there was no way I was going to switch when we first got married. It's silly but true. Anyway... we have been holding out for iPhones and low and behold we can't get service in our apartment. It's really sad and I am not sure we have fully excepted this reality. Ah geez!
In between searching for furniture, unpacking and errands to Home Depot, Target, etc... we have been able to enjoy the area. Here are a few pics from the past week in Chicago.
When Tyson was here we took the architectural boat tour in Chicago. I loved seeing all of the buildings and learning more about the history of Chicago. I highly recommend this tour.
Wrigley Building
Trump Tower
View from glass balconies at the top of the Sears Tower (the name has changed to Willis Tower but lets be honest, it's the Sears Tower).
Hanging over the edge of the Sears Tower.
Another view from Sears Tower.
We were lucky to meet up with friends from the Bay Area on Thursday. We didn't have anyone to take our picture, so we have the same shot with Emily and Ben.
I think I have officially given all the updates to this point. Hopefully this post is coherent and if not you can get the overall idea. The first week has been a success and I think we are really going to like this area. Thank you to all of our family and friends that helped us move. We love you all and hope that you will come visit soon.
With the exception of our bed and kitchen table, we sold all of our furniture before we left. We are now on the hunt for furniture and were able find a desk on Craigslist on Friday. On Saturday we had a marathon trip to IKEA and were able to find some dressers. The IKEA here is huge and is quite overwhelming. I think we will have to make another trip because we were both exhausted after looking for 3+ hours. How have we moved all of this furniture? Once again the Vibe continues to impress. We had to drive home roller coaster style from IKEA but we were able to fit everything into the car. This car is simply amazing!
We love our place and have enjoyed walking through our new neighborhood. We are extremely close to public transportation, the lake and downtown. The houses are beautiful and the architecture is amazing. The weather has been nice with the exception of this weekend. It was 90 degrees yesterday and felt like we had 90% humidity as well. So far we are managing without AC but I sure hope it cools off this week.
In other news... we are looking at various options for our phone plan and are trying to embrace the fact that we will need to go with Verizon. Trever and I have been on different plans for the past year and half and finally decided we would both go with ATT once we moved. This is huge for me because there was no way I was going to switch when we first got married. It's silly but true. Anyway... we have been holding out for iPhones and low and behold we can't get service in our apartment. It's really sad and I am not sure we have fully excepted this reality. Ah geez!
In between searching for furniture, unpacking and errands to Home Depot, Target, etc... we have been able to enjoy the area. Here are a few pics from the past week in Chicago.

Comments
Ben