Last minute getaway

In the midst of packing, school, graduating and pregnancy, we were able to get away for a few days and enjoy some time along the coast. We spent the first night in Avila Beach just south of San Luis Obispo. We enjoyed staying in this quaint little town and were able to get a room overlooking the beach. The only glitch was the fire alarm that went off at 1 am in the morning. After I figured out what was going on, I grabbed the essentials and headed for the door. I was ready to exit when Trever asked me if I had our suitcase. I was surprised and kind of chuckled at his question. If the building was truly on fire, should we really be concerned about grabbing all of our stuff? I thought it was a little crazy but I helped him round up our stuff. With all of our belongings in hand, glasses and pajamas in full effect, we made our way to the parking lot. Luckily there was not a fire and we were able to go back to our room 5 minutes later. We had a good laugh once we were safely in our room and both agreed that in the case of a real fire we should only grab the essentials. Here is a picture along the pier.

The next day we continued south to Santa Barbara and stayed in a fabulous hotel called Inn of the Spanish Garden. We enjoyed an evening browsing the shops downtown and had a dinner at fabulous place just off the main strip. The weather was perfect and it was fun to spend a relaxing evening together. Here is a pic of us in the hotel courtyard.


On Friday we made our way north to try and find some good waves for surfing. There was a big swell coming in that weekend and Trever wanted to surf one last time before moving to the Midwest. We made a stop in Morro Bay to get something to eat and had lunch with the bird you see below. The next pic isn't the best but we had to get something with the famous Morro Bay rock in the background.

After leaving Morro Bay we landed in Santa Cruz in time for Trever to catch a few waves. After walking around the Boardwalk I headed to the cliffs to get some pictures of Trever surfing. I think I got some pretty good pics if I do say so myself.

Trever is the one on the right.
Thanks for a great trip Trev, I love you!

Comments

Popular Posts