The DMV
Yesterday Trever swapped out our California license plates for the Illinois plates. It's silly but I wish we could keep the California plates. I want people to know that we are Californians, maybe we should get a license plate cover that says, "... but we are from California". Has anyone else had this experience or am I crazy?
Last week we went to the DMV to get new drivers licenses and register our cars. We were surprised that we were in and out so quick and were also surprised that we had to take a written test to renew our license. I think the last written test I took was when I received my drivers license at age 16. In preparation for the test, Trever quickly looked over the study guide and I headed for the nearest restroom. When I got back he asked if I wanted to review the study guide but said I would be fine. He asked me one more time before we walked over the take the test but I refused a second time (I think he was a little nervous for me). We sat down to take the test and I have to say it wasn't a piece of cake. The last page was traffic signs, 15 to be exact. How am I supposed to identify a sign simply by color and shape? More importantly, when am I going to have to identify a sign that doesn't have written instructions or a symbol of some sort? Anywho... Trever finished first and passed with flying colors. I was a little nervous that I wouldn't pass but luckily I only missed four (Trever missed one) and was able to get my drivers license.
The best part about this trip was that they gave us our drivers licenses and new plates before we left the office. We were totally shocked and were somewhat giddy with excitement. I think they thought we were crazy but if you have experienced the DMV in California you would be excited as well. You have to wait weeks and sometimes months to get your license and new plates in California. I don't know why it works this way but I am thinking California should collaborate with Illinois.
Last week we went to the DMV to get new drivers licenses and register our cars. We were surprised that we were in and out so quick and were also surprised that we had to take a written test to renew our license. I think the last written test I took was when I received my drivers license at age 16. In preparation for the test, Trever quickly looked over the study guide and I headed for the nearest restroom. When I got back he asked if I wanted to review the study guide but said I would be fine. He asked me one more time before we walked over the take the test but I refused a second time (I think he was a little nervous for me). We sat down to take the test and I have to say it wasn't a piece of cake. The last page was traffic signs, 15 to be exact. How am I supposed to identify a sign simply by color and shape? More importantly, when am I going to have to identify a sign that doesn't have written instructions or a symbol of some sort? Anywho... Trever finished first and passed with flying colors. I was a little nervous that I wouldn't pass but luckily I only missed four (Trever missed one) and was able to get my drivers license.
The best part about this trip was that they gave us our drivers licenses and new plates before we left the office. We were totally shocked and were somewhat giddy with excitement. I think they thought we were crazy but if you have experienced the DMV in California you would be excited as well. You have to wait weeks and sometimes months to get your license and new plates in California. I don't know why it works this way but I am thinking California should collaborate with Illinois.

Comments