Making a list



One day in early November we received a toy magazine in the mail. Jane quickly picked it up and started scanning the pages. In the weeks to follow, she started circling her wants and eventually decided to cut out the pictures and start making her list. The whole scenario took me back to my days of scanning the Sears catalog. After working on this list for several weeks it was finally complete. I don't think she totally understood how the list worked so she had a conversation with Trever. Would she get everything on her list, most things, the things she loved the most? Well, Trever broke the news that Santa only brings one gift and while she was a little surprised, she seemed to be okay with that. Trever and I hadn't talked about the one gift limit but I quickly got on board when she told me what her dad said about the list.

Jane is so excited for Christmas this year. She has lots of questions about Santa, how will he get into our house, how will he carry all of the presents, etc.. I can't wait to see the look on her face on Christmas morning, I know it will be memorable.

Here she is with her list, ready to be mailed to the North Pole.


Fingers crossed Santa will get her something she loves. 


Comments

Popular Posts