Are you angry?

A few months ago, Cate was throwing her food all over the ground after every meal. It was quite maddening at times, especially when the food items included rice, smoothies, cold cereal or other things that are really messy and a pain to clean up. We consistently tried to encourage her to JUST TELL US when she is done instead of throwing her food and eventually she decided to stop. It's crazy how when you are going through these phases, they seem like they will never end but somehow they do.

Flash forward to the past few weeks and Cate has started throwing her food again. It's silly but sometimes it really gets to me. It's usually when my patience is running low, you know the time, dinner time when all h*&$ breaks loose. Anyhow, one day she threw her food and I went on some crazy rant about how I was angry. Well wouldn't you know the next time she threw something on the ground and I started to get upset, she asked, "Mommy are you angry?" There is nothing like a hilarious 2-year old parroting your ridiculous behavior to put things in perspective. She thought it was so funny and continued to ask me if I was angry. Oh Cate!

Comments

Popular Posts