Sisters
These two are having so much fun together lately. It's great to see them play and chase each other around the house. Jane is a good big sister and is eager to help Cate put on shoes, zip her coat and buckle or unbuckle her from wherever she may be seated. Cate adores Jane and pretty much wants to do everything that she is doing. When she wakes up in the morning and afternoon, she always asks about Jane. I loved when she used to call her GG but now she just says Jane.
Jane is teaching Cate all about caring for babies, how to wear dress ups and how to be "fancy." When Cate puts on something sparkly or girly, she now says, "fancy." They also love jumping on the couch and beds, and running around chasing each other in their bare buns after bath time.
Don't get me wrong, these girls also have their moments, but I am pretty sure that is the way it goes with siblings. Cate has been known to pull hair and has a pretty good grip. I keep trying to convince Jane to escape and stick up for herself, but she often becomes paralyzed and usually resorts to screaming and crying. Even thought she is young, Cate definitely knows how to get Jane's goat. She will scream at the top of her lungs just to get a rise out of Jane. Sometimes it's random and sometimes she does it when Jane is having a melt down. It never goes well. Cate screams to tease Jane and then Jane yells, "you're hurting my ears." I then let Jane know that she is hurting my ears, it's a vicious cycle and also quite hilarious. And even though they aggravate each other, they are also quick to provide comfort by bringing one another their lovies in times of need.
It's hard to imagine adding another girl to the mix but I know we will be thrilled when our new baby arrives. Jane is pretty excited about having a baby sister and hopefully Cate will warm up as well. At first I thought Cate would have no problems, but I am sure it will be a transition. I have to say that I am not ready to give up Cate as my baby just yet. She is at such a fun stage.
We feel truly blessed to have two beautiful girls in our family and look forward to having another. They each have their own personalities and add their own joy and craziness to our family. I can't wait to see what this next little girl brings.
Jane and Cate with matching pants. Jane loves to match her sister.


Comments