First Harvest
We planted our garden at the beginning of May this year. When I say "we" I really mean Trever. I certainly gave my input but he did all of the digging, selecting and planting. Our garden started out like this
and slowly turned to into the photo you see below. The plants are now much bigger, with the exception of the cucumber. Trever bought A LOT of plants but hopefully we will have extra this year and can share our veggies with the neighbors.
So far we have harvested a variety of lettuces. They are delicious and I have been out there at least five different times to cut lettuce. This week I ended up sharing a bag with our neighbor because we have so much. Our mild weather has allowed us to grow lettuce well into June.
Jane is loving the garden as well and has even tried the lettuce. I am pretty sure the girls will love the tomatoes too. Getting a garden ready is A LOT of work (for Trever), but we love doing it and are so excited to have fresh veggies this summer. Here's to hoping that the six tomato plants we planted will give us something yummy to eat!






Comments