Vlad + Julie come to town


My sister Julie has been doing travel nursing for the past couple of years and has the opportunity to live in some pretty great places. She just finished an assignment in the Bay Area, right where we used to live, as luck would have it.  Her next assignment is in New York, so on their long drive across the country they decided to stop in Chicago for a few days. I was thrilled and my girls were over the moon. They LOVE Julie and Vlad. 


While they were here we went to the Botanic Gardens, played at a few parks, walked through the neighborhoods and enjoyed some yummy dinners and dessert together. Vlad was extremely cute with them and was like a mother hen watching over Cate (and I mean that in the best way). He stayed by her side, spotted her as she climbed and picked her up and carried her all over the Botanic Gardens.  Cate is a busy one and is quite adventurous, so I think part of the chasing was to give him peace of mind. I also know that he is great with kids and I am pretty sure that he enjoys being around children. My girls climbing all over Vlad and Julie and gave them PLENTY of love while they were here. If they ever want to move in and be my full time helpers, I am all for it. When they drove away, Jane said, "I had the best time with them." I had the best time too, thanks for stopping by Julie and Vlad. 

Comments

Julie said…
We made the blog!!! Hot Dog! We had just the best time with you guys and thanks again for the delicious food, the delightful entertainment, and the snuggles.

Popular Posts