18 months

climbing out of the playhouse in our backyard, this girl is on the move!

This post is long over due but alas, I am getting it done. Cate is so much fun at this stage is a constant source of joy and chaos in our home. She wants to do everything her big sister Jane is doing. This includes coloring with markers, mostly on paper but sometimes on the carpet or her clothes. It's lucky we have indoor/outdoor carpet and that we are in a rental right now. :) She also enjoys playing babies and will push them in the stroller all over the house. Park time is something she looks forward to and I am so grateful that we finally have some spring weather to enjoy. Cate will slide down the smaller slides but she also likes going on the big slides. After chasing her up the steps the other day, I realized that I was not going to fit my pregnant belly and Cate down the big kid slide, so I asked Jane to come up and do a train with Cate. Jane agreed and she and Cate continued going down the slide together for the next 10 minutes.

Princess in training with Jane

Cate is starting to show her independence and is wanting to do things on her own. She likes to climb into the car and her car seat, all by herself. She has also taken a liking to Jane's car seat and will often try to climb in if Jane is not in the care yet. She is not happy when I have to pull her out and pin her down to strap her in her own seat. She has opinions about which books she reads before nap time and bedtime. Often times we can go through four books before she settles on one she likes. And she WILL throw them overboard if you try reading a book that is not of her choice. She also has opinions about her bedtime songs and on one particular night she shook her head in disapproval until I picked a "good" song. 
She loves to scrunch her nose. 

chillin' in the bath

Cate loves to be silly. She gets so excited when Trever comes home from work because she knows that she will be able to jump on our bed. She also loves jumping on Jane's bed, either by herself or with Jane. She will make funny faces and sounds and is constantly surprising us with her silly behaviors. 

She has picked up quite a few words and is starting to string a few words together. We have a great time with Cate and can convince her to try and say just about anything. She is our little parrot right now and a great source of entertainment. She has started to chime in when I am singing to her at night or will repeat small portions of songs. Her current favorite is Ba Ba Black Sheep. She will say, "Ba Ba Ba... yes sir, yes sir." On the car ride home from South Carolina she blurted out, "choose the right!" It was pretty hilarious because we don't ever really sing this song, so I am not sure where she picked it up. My favorite things she says are "yeah" and "okay." You can ask her a yes or no question and she often replies with a calm, "j'yeah." If I tell her something like, I am going to get your milk and will be right back, she says, "okayyyy." Love her sweet personality. 

Cate is a friendly girl and is not afraid of strangers. She is quick to go to other people and is not afraid to ask for hugs. At church, she can often be found on the laps on some of the men, reading a story or just hanging out. She had her first day of nursery this past week and had no problems making the transition. She is our social girl and I love how open and warm she is with other people.

I ordered up these lashes from her Daddy.

Cate you are a busy blessing (as Papa would say) and we love you so much. We look forward to watching you change and grow in the months to come.

Comments

Popular Posts