18 months
We are loving this little girl and are amazed at how much she has changed in the past 6 months. She is no longer a baby. She has definitely become a little girl. She has opinions about hats, coats and shoes, quite strong opinions at times. She is a little mother and is all about taking care of her babies at this phase. She pretends to change their diapers (lays them on the floor, lifts their legs and says, "pee ewe baby"), she swings them in the air and says, "wee", she feeds them, gives them water and carts them around in her stroller and shopping cart. It's quite comical to see her mimic us and I wonder what else we will learn about ourselves in the months and years to come. :)
She is also on the move and has turned her walk into a run. She LOVES the park and is quick to point out swings (sings) and slides everywhere we go. She is quite confident on the slides and will even go down the big ones by herself. Last week she slid down into a puddle of water and it didn't even phase her. She continued to play for at least another hour. I sometimes wonder how long she would stay outside if it were up to her. I am excited for warmer weather so that we can be outside even more.
Jane is quite the talker these days and especially enjoys listing off her friends and family. Her cousin Aria is a favorite and gets mentioned at least once a day. She also enjoys singing songs (or listening to me sing songs) and is picking up words here and there. I have been singing the ABC song lately, which she refers to as ACDB, not bad. She is quite the parrot and seems to pick up every word we say. No more swearing, just kidding. She is uses P's for C's but we know what she means. Her coat is currently a "poat".
I have to say that life is busy but most days are a lot of fun. After I came home from my Denver girls weekend, I felt like Jane and I were butting heads for a good week and a half. She was all about her dad and wanted little to do with me. I just thought she was being a pill, and she probably was, but I have also realized that I need to choose my battles and let certain things go. It's probably a shift in my attitude that made the biggest difference. :) Let's just say that I am glad we are friends again. She gives me lots of big hugs and many reasons to be grateful each day.
Oh, and the stats: 34.5 inches (95-99%). The doctor says she is setting her own curve. :) She is weighing in at a whopping 26 pounds and I am feeling it as we walk up the stairs.

Comments