Whole wheat bread
For the past week we have been enjoying delicious whole wheat bread. When I set my goal to make bread (of all varieties) last year, I received a few recipes from friends. One of those recipes was from my friend Alice, who got this great recipe from her sister and the women of New Jersey. I have to say that I was a little intimidated by the recipe at first, so I tried some of the others. Many of them were good, but some were simply too big for my Kitchen Aide and trying to modify the recipes was a little tricky. And when summer came, all bread making came to a screeching halt. There is just no way you can cook in humidity with no air conditioning.
Well it's cold again, so I decided to tackle the recipe from the girls of NJ. It did not disappoint. Just look at the loaves. In addition to the regular ingredients for wheat bread, this recipe includes cracked wheat, wheat germ, wheat bran and soy flour. I just feel healthier when I eat it (like every day). The recipe is scanned and I am happy to share it if you are interested.

Well it's cold again, so I decided to tackle the recipe from the girls of NJ. It did not disappoint. Just look at the loaves. In addition to the regular ingredients for wheat bread, this recipe includes cracked wheat, wheat germ, wheat bran and soy flour. I just feel healthier when I eat it (like every day). The recipe is scanned and I am happy to share it if you are interested.

Comments
It makes GREAT French toast. I add a lot of cinnamon and a little vanilla to the egg and milk.
Perhaps your blog will make NJ famous for healthy bread--and not Jersey shore and Snooki and Mike the Situation!
Jane Reynolds
Lindy
so glad you have joined the ranks of bread bakers! I emailed Jane Reynolds to let her know her recipe made it to Chicago via Palo Alto in case you are wondering how she tracked you down! Perhaps you could add her name to the recipe--something I must have neglected to do before I sent it to Alice.
I do a double recipe once a month to make 4 loaves to freeze. The kids like to help with the kneading (we call it "monster dough" when we dump it out on the counter to knead).