Blizzard 2011

Yes, it snowed as much as they said it would. The storm started yesterday afternoon and did not let up until late this morning. The snow was intense and the wind was blowing like crazy. Trever and I even experienced our first thundersnow. It was crazy to see the sky flash as the snow continued to fall.

Trever came home from work early yesterday and about scared me to death. I didn't hear him come in, so I jumped when he walked into the kitchen. Once I realized there was no need to fear, I gave him a hug and welcomed him home. He stayed home today as well because his office was closed. He still had to work, but it was great to have him home. It's a good thing that we didn't have to go anywhere because there was no way our cars would make it out of our neighborhood. The streets have not been plowed and will probably stay that way until later this evening.

Once the storm broke, we ventured outside to take some pictures and play in the snow. Jane was thrilled to be outside and loved dipping her hands in the snow. Here is a view from our back balcony:
Snow between the buildings.
A view of our street.
Jane on top of our car.
Knee deep in snow.
Jane LOVED the snow! She didn't want to come inside, even though her little checks and nose were pink. If she had her way, she would have stayed outside much longer.
Swinging at the park, Jane's request.


Comments

naomi said…
yikes! what an ordeal! glad you are all safe! jane looks like she had the time of her life! :)
Heather said…
GREAT Pictures but I am SORRY that you have to have all that snow to get the great pictures. Looks like Miss Jane is a little Snow Bunny! She is just too cute.
Sending you and your family LOTS of LOVE, SMILES and WARM Wishes from the Bay! XOXOXO
She looks so grown up!!!! Gwen loves to swing too. You are one nice mom to take her to the park in the snow. You win the prize!! :)

Popular Posts