Indian Cooking Class

Trever and I spent Friday evening taking a private cooking lesson. I had been reading about Ranjana's Indian Cooking Classes for the past year and finally decided to sign up. Luckily we made it through Chicago traffic and arrived at her house just in time. We spent the next four hours in her kitchen learning to make homemade yogurt and paneer (cheese), mango lasis, samosas, chutneys, mutter paneer, malai kofta, aloo gobi and kulfi (unchurned ice cream) for dessert. I am still full just thinking about it. We learned about spices, the balance of hot, tart and salty for each dish and much much more. If you are in the area, I highly recommend her classes. Not only did we learn a lot about Indian cooking, we learned a lot about this amazing woman and her journey to the U.S. Great date night and delicious food!

Trever rolling out the dough for samosas.

Average picture of the delicious samosas.
The spices, oh the spices. Fresh really does make a difference.
This stove was the real deal!


Comments

Krista said…
I love it. What a creative and fun date idea.
RC Cola said…
What a fun date and it sounds so deliciousl

Popular Posts