False Alarm

A few months ago my neighbor lost power in the back half of her apartment. To make a long story short, after being without power for 1o days, she made a few phone calls. Our property manager is not very responsive, so she called the Fire Chief, City Building Inspector and a lawyer. Flash forward a few weeks, our apartment manager installed additional smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure that the building was up to code. It's nice to know that we are safe, but these detectors have been doing more than their job the past few weeks.

The Friday before Halloween, Jane was taking a nap and I was getting ready. I was trying to actually blow dry my hair for once because we were going to Trever's company Halloween party. Most days my hair is partially dried and thrown in a bun. Anywho... I decided to blow dry my hair in the entry way, near the mirror vs. the tiny bathroom with the door closed. This usually works fine but with new alarm so close to the door, it detected the heat from my hair dryer and the alarm went off. OH NO!!!! I ran down the hall, waving my round brush in hopes that I could fan the alarm, so that it would shut off and Jane could carry on with her nap (picture a crazy lady jumping up and down waving her brush). Well, the alarm continued and Jane was wide awake. Two problems: 1) Jane was awake. 2) My hair was still wet and would be challenging to dry with Jane awake.

So, I got Jane out of bed, fed her some lunch and then tried to finish drying my hair. I started drying my hair in the entry way and once again the alarm would go off (I somehow forgot about the alarm). Yikes! My only solution was to go into the bathroom to finish drying my hair. The only way to contain Jane was to put her in the bathtub with a few toys. I was desperate! Luckily she enjoyed playing in the tub and I was able to finish drying my hair. Sometimes I wish I had a buzz!

Parenting at it's finest!


Comments

Alice said…
Thst's hilarious.

I feel lucky when i get a shower thrse days...
Sarah S said…
You are so funny!! I love it. I dry my hair with Charlie sitting on my lap on the floor in front of my floor-length mirror in my bedroom - also less than ideal, but what can you do??

Popular Posts