Brrrrrrr

It's getting cold around here but we are still trying to play outside. As long as I am wearing my coat, I feel pretty good. As a side note, one of the administrators at my old job used to wear a long puffy coat during outdoor supervision (I worked in a high school). I thought it was a little comical and maybe extreme but now I totally get it. If you are wearing the right gear, it makes all the difference. I probably never would have been cold in California if I would have dressed a little warmer. I thought flip flops and a fleece were appropriate for winter. :)

(picture from Sarah at playgroup last week)

We have a warm coat for Jane and have been bundling her as well. It's a little tricky to buckle her in the car seat with so many layers, but we have managed to do it. I am also trying to keep her hat and gloves on but it's no easy task with this girl. She is a thumb sucker and hair twirler, so having hands and hair covered are no good. She is doing better but it will take some getting used to. I keep telling myself that it is not really cold if I can go outside with a coat on and still feel comfortable. Jane loves to be outside, so I need to brave the weather for now. Winter here we come!

Comments

Sarah S said…
I am such a fan of wearing a long puffy coat all winter! Jane looked so cute at playgroup last week, all bundled up but still stylin'. I still can hardly get Charlie to wear a coat when we leave the house - it usually involves kicking, screaming, major tears... and he often manages to win the fight :) The joy of 1-year-olds.

Popular Posts