9 months


We had Jane's 9 month check up this week and all is well. Well, except for the band aid she almost swallowed while I was putting her in her car seat. YIKES!! She had her finger pricked, so they gave her a fancy band aid to stop the bleeding. What did she do? She started sucking on that finger immediately and sucked the thing right off. I was watching her closely because this was my fear, but apparently I wasn't watching close enough. I had to do the ol' finger sweep to the back of her mouth and was able to fish the thing out. The good news is that we were still in the parking lot and right across the street from the hospital if anything happened.

Anywho... she is still growing like crazy and is off the charts for height. She has a nice size head to match her growing body, which makes it hard to pull some of her shirts over her head. :) She is eating all kinds of purees and we are trying to get her to eat more finger foods. She loves her puffs, which gives me a little time to get things ready before she is ready to lunge out of her highchair. She now has 8 teeth and more on the way. She tries to chew on anything she can get her mouth around these days. New skills: waving, high fives with dad (still a work on progress but definitely recognizable), babbling a lot and saying maaaama (I don't think she knows what she is saying but I like to hear her say my name). She loves being tossed in the air by her dad and hanging upside down. We may have to get a season pass to Six Flags when she is old enough. We love this little girl and are having so much fun. Other than the 5:30 am wake up time, we have nothing but good things to say.

Comments

Alice said…
What a beautiful 9 monther. Try hummus on her. Finn loves it. He especially loves teh White Bean with garlic and basil hummus from TJ's. So Finn didn't start sleeping in until 6 till I just weaned him 2 weeks ago. Now it's 6 on the dot. So good luck with that...I feel your pain. We've had so many 5am mornings.
Sarah S said…
I'm sorry about your early mornings - I bet it will get better though when Jane moves to one nap. Charlie was an early riser, but now he sleeps until at least 7:30 each morning. So there's hope on the horizon :)
Sarah S said…
P.S. - I loved the picture with this post.

Popular Posts