Homemade Pizza

My work with bread continues. Last week we made homemade pizza. I was inspired by the delicious recipes in Cooking Light and thought I would give the margarita pizza a go. I was a little concerned when I read that the pizza dough had to be refrigerated for 24 hours, when I needed it to be ready in a 1/3 of the time. I almost decided to make something else, but I figured there had to be another recipe that didn't require so much prep time. I found a recipe in The Joy of Cooking and gave it a go. Here is our margarita pizza from the first night:


We had a busy day on Friday, so dinner needed to be quick and easy. It turned into another pizza night. :) The pizza dough for the second pizza was refrigerated overnight and I have to say, we liked it much better. I am not sure why it's better to have it in the refrigerator for a long time but it seems to do the trick. Here is our pizza from Friday night:


What about you? Do you have a favorite pizza recipe? Do you have any tricks of the trade you can share? I want to try whole wheat pizza dough next and am on the hunt for a good recipe.

Comments

Carrie said…
Looks so yummy Linda! I absolutely love Barefoot Contessa's pizza dough (not the grilled one most readily online--it's in her parties cookbook). BBQ sauce, chicken, moz. cheese, red onion and cilantro are my fav these days.
Toria said…
yummy! They look great. I always run into the same problem too- anything that requires planning and foresight is almost too much for me. My tried and true was the $1 pizza dough from trader joes. Please share recipe if you find something. Pizza is such a summertime easy dinner- and we haven't made it in a long time.
Molly and Jason said…
The Minimalist (sp?) has a great recipe for dough....looks good though!
Brooke and Eric said…
I cheat and go with trader joes...or even andrea's dinner roll dough. Glad you're enjoying cooking light!

Popular Posts