The good news and the bad news

The good news: Jane only woke up once last night.
The bad news: Jane work up four times the night before and I am still tired.

The good news: the sun was shining when I woke up this morning.
The bad news: Jane woke up at 6 am in the morning.

The good news: Jane and I went for a walk this morning and it was so beautiful.
The bad news: Jane feel asleep during the last few minutes of our walk, didn't go down for her nap, stayed awake almost 2 hours longer and cried for quite some time.

The good news: she is now asleep.

When I have mornings or days like this, it can be easy to look at the bad/negative/downside of things, but then I remember to focus on the good. The good news is that I get to be home with this sweet girl and most days are pretty great. She is babbling like crazy, quick to smile and so much fun. What song has been running through my head this morning: "You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the facts of life, the facts of life." Do you remember this little jingle from the 80's? Good times!

Comments

Side of Jeffrey said…
Facts of life? Wow. The things that enter your mind when you are tired. :)
Sarah S said…
Oh Lindy, I'm sorry you're still not getting much sleep!! I was just thinking today about how much easier it is now that Charlie is a little older and sleeping somewhat consistently in the day/night. It will get better, I promise!! (But those exhausted days are still fresh in my memory :) Hang in there (and way to look on the bright side too :)
Alecia said…
I had one of those days too. Sawyer is teething as well, and he's a schizophrenic when he's teething. Crazy happy, followed by crazy tears! Good luck with the no sleep.

Popular Posts