California

We just returned from a week long vacation in California. We kicked off the trip with Julia & Will's wedding festivities and spent the rest of the time visiting with family and friends. We wish we were able to see more of our friends but unfortunately we ran out of time.

The wedding was fabulous and the weather was perfect. I didn't get many pictures of the wedding but here is one of Julia and Will walking out of the temple. Don't they look fabulous!

After the wedding we spent a few days with the Burgons. We did a lot of relaxing after our busy weekend and also made a visit to the lighthouse in Santa Cruz. Trever got me a new camera for Mother's Day, so we spent some time taking pictures and figuring out how to work our new camera. It's going to take some time but I hope that I can improve my photography vocab and knowledge over the next few months. Thanks Trev! Here are a few pictures near the beach.

Feeling the love!

On our way from Santa Cruz to Livermore, we stopped in Palo Alto to see a few friends. We had dinner with Pete and Kristin and were able to introduce Jane and Sydney. They met briefly in January but this visit was much more fun. Thanks Pete and Kristin for making dinner and sharing your evening with us.
What a cute girl!

Jane focusing on the camera.

We spent the 2nd half of the week with my mom and Jeff. Jane was in love with Jeff when they met in November but it took her a little while to warm up this trip. After exchanging glances for a few days, she was ready to play. I knew she would come around. :) I don't how we forgot to take pictures with my mom and Jane. I guess we will have to take more on our next trip.

Trever recovering from lack of sleep. Jane had us up with a 102 temp one night but then she was fine. Who knows!


Fresh out of the tub. Here hair is getting quite long.


Playing with Grandpa Gib.


We also spent an evening with the Merricks and were able to see their new place. They bought their first home and it's already starting to come together. Thanks for a delicious dinner and fun evening. I have the biggest grin in the picture below because I was trying to get Jane to smile.

On Saturday we met up with the Burgons to celebrate Andrea's birthday and Mother's Day. We usually don't mix these two special days but with limited time we had to combine the festivities. We met up for brunch at the Cliff House, a Burgon favorite and spent the rest of the afternoon walking around Golden Gate Park. It was a great day and so much fun to be together.

Enjoying (or not) her first popover at the Cliff House.


Our little thumb sucker. This could be a disaster in a few years but for now it's working out ok.


Our traditional picture at the Cliff House.


Chasing the birds with Grandma.


Grandma Burgon gave Jane a book of words. You can't see the book very well in this picture but you can see the excitement in Grandma's face. If I read these words to Jane each day, she is supposed to be a genius. :)


Family photo

On a final note, I am happy to report that my ficus is back from the dead. I think it was quite upset when we left it in California but it seems to have adapted to it's new home. I guess my mom can be trusted with our children. :)


Thanks everyone for a great trip. We hope to see you soon and would love to have you come visit us in Chicago anytime.

Comments

Sarah S said…
hooray for a new camera!! your pictures look great. which camera did you decide on?
Lindy & Trever said…
We got the Canon Rebel XSI
Alecia said…
love the pic of you two and Jane at GG Park.
Teri said…
It was great seeing you three. Jane is adorable and I kept gushing about her to all my friends! Chicago looks doubtful this year, but maybe 2011!

Love the Family Picture!!
great pics Lindy. I bet you are having fun with your camera! Is Jane teething? Maybe that is why the fever?

The bride and groom look so happy. Nothing is better than visiting family. Well maybe...crawling into your own bed after being away! :)
Heather said…
I love the pic of Jane sucking her thumb. Just enjoy it! I'm jealous when I get up at 2am to give Ella her pacifier. Glad you had such a great time, but glad to have you back in Chicago!
Molly and Jason said…
miss that sweet face!
the youngbergs said…
Ok, Jane is absolutely adorable! I love, love, love the one of her after her bath!!! I have the same camera....isn't is the best???!
JODI and JOHN said…
Your family photo is so beautiful!

Popular Posts