Life in the snow
I made it out of the house today but it was quite the task. After staying inside for most of December, I decided to join a gym. I can do some exercise at home but a girl needs to get out. I planned to go to the gym at the beginning of the week and take Jane to day care but it didn't happen. Well the stars finally aligned today and we were able to get out of the house. Here is a run down of the morning:
10:00 - Jane wakes up from nap
10:30 - I feed Jane
10:45ish - Put on boots, big jacket and grab all of our stuff and head out the door. Put Jane in her car seat, start the car (with the door partially open, the windshield wipers are one and a pile of snow lands on the front seat). Note to self: make sure the windshield wipers are not on if the door is open and there is snow on the windshield. Another note to self: need to get rubber mats because the mats we currently have are going to get soaked. After I get most of the snow off the car, I manage to make it out of my parallel parking space, spinning my wheels in the snow and I am on my way.
10:50ish - arrive at the gym, put money in the meter, grab our stuff and head inside. The woman at the desk praises me for being there on such a snowy day and I am thinking, I hope it's worth it. I take Jane back to day care (for the first time), pass her off, try not to give too many instructions and be "that mom" and I am on my way. I race up the stairs to the locker room, remove my big coat and wellies and put on my gym shoes. I race upstairs, get on the cardio equipment and try and get my heart rate up for a half hour.
11:30 - back to the locker room, tennis shoes off, wellies back on, big coat back on and down the stairs to pick up Jane. She was fine, didn't really seem excited when I picked her up, just content. I pick up all of our stuff and head out the door. When we arrive home I parallel park on our very snowy street and make my way across the street, up the stairs and into our apartment. Jane is now sound asleep, so I try to be somewhat quiet as I take off my boots and set down all of our gear. Another thing for my to do list - get rubber mats for our shoes so that we don't soak the floor in our entry.
11:45 - Jane is asleep in her room, I jump in the shower to get ready before she wakes up.
Was it worth it to trek through the snow and go to the gym? I think so...
10:00 - Jane wakes up from nap
10:30 - I feed Jane
10:45ish - Put on boots, big jacket and grab all of our stuff and head out the door. Put Jane in her car seat, start the car (with the door partially open, the windshield wipers are one and a pile of snow lands on the front seat). Note to self: make sure the windshield wipers are not on if the door is open and there is snow on the windshield. Another note to self: need to get rubber mats because the mats we currently have are going to get soaked. After I get most of the snow off the car, I manage to make it out of my parallel parking space, spinning my wheels in the snow and I am on my way.
10:50ish - arrive at the gym, put money in the meter, grab our stuff and head inside. The woman at the desk praises me for being there on such a snowy day and I am thinking, I hope it's worth it. I take Jane back to day care (for the first time), pass her off, try not to give too many instructions and be "that mom" and I am on my way. I race up the stairs to the locker room, remove my big coat and wellies and put on my gym shoes. I race upstairs, get on the cardio equipment and try and get my heart rate up for a half hour.
11:30 - back to the locker room, tennis shoes off, wellies back on, big coat back on and down the stairs to pick up Jane. She was fine, didn't really seem excited when I picked her up, just content. I pick up all of our stuff and head out the door. When we arrive home I parallel park on our very snowy street and make my way across the street, up the stairs and into our apartment. Jane is now sound asleep, so I try to be somewhat quiet as I take off my boots and set down all of our gear. Another thing for my to do list - get rubber mats for our shoes so that we don't soak the floor in our entry.
11:45 - Jane is asleep in her room, I jump in the shower to get ready before she wakes up.
Was it worth it to trek through the snow and go to the gym? I think so...

Comments