Thanksgiving Weekend

We were so fortunate to spend the past week with family. We cooked our first turkey and enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving feast with the Burgon clan. The turkey took much longer to cook than we anticipated but it tasted fabulous. Good job Trev!

The weather was a little chilly but we were able to enjoy plenty of sunshine. We made a few trips to Chicago and were able to see the sites. While I didn't take as many pictures as I had hoped, others had their cameras handy. Here are a few pics from the weekend:


Our first turkey. We did a brine and cooked it for several hours. Can you believe this thing was 17 lbs!

Hanging w/ Auntie Lisa

Snuggling up with Auntie Julia.

Jane had a fabulous time with her aunties. They took lots of fun pictures and gave her plenty of love throughout the weekend. We hope to see you again soon!

Hugs with Nana and Papa.

Having fun with Grandpa Burgon (after a vote we are still unsure of which name we will use).

Exchanging glances with Grandpa Jeff (she couldn't stop smiling).

I wish I could have captured a picture of Jane with her Uncle Eric and Auntie Brooke. Eric was the first one to arrive and was able to spend some QT with Jane. While I was in the other room, she rolled over for him. She went from her tummy to her back at least four times. Holy cow! I have never seen her do such a thing and she hasn't done it since. :) Go figure that she pulls her first stunt when I am in the other room.

We thought it would be fun to take a picture of us jumping in front of the bean. This sounded like a fabulous idea until you see the second picture.


I am the one in the middle still standing on the ground because I got smacked in the face. I think next time I will stand on the outside. :)

Everyone on the ground in front of "The Bean".


Jane loves site seeing in Chicago. Look at this face!


Hanging out on the Skydeck at Sears Tower. I definitely recommend going when it's not tourist season. We stood in line forever on our first visit but this time we breezed to the top.


We love all of you and were so glad that you came to visit. We hope you will come back soon!

Comments

Teri said…
My dad has that affect on babies and children! Oh my - seeing that picture of him holding Jane - I think I hear my clock ticking!! LOL.
So many things to say...
I love her butterfly outfit. Gwen has the same one!

I love all of your boots.

Love the jumping pic in front of the bean.

I need to go to the skydeck!

Nice work on the bird Trevor.

Popular Posts