2 month check up

My mom and Jeff flew home today, leaving us with an empty house. Oh how I wish we had more time to spend with family but hopefully we will see them soon. I was hoping to be more productive today but instead I enjoyed some QT with sweet baby Jane. I took a few pictures to document her cute face at two months. I wish I could take better pictures, but you get the idea.




Jane had her two month appointment today and we survived. I say "we" because I was the one that was nervous. It's no fun to take your child to two shots but we managed. Here are her 2 month stats: Height: 25" (90-95%), Weight: 11lbs 13ozs (75%). I think she is definitely going to be a volleyball player. :)

I am having so much fun with her and feel like she is growing so fast. When the one month mark hit I felt exhausted and a little overwhelmed with the responsibility of being a mother. Most days were great, but there are definitely hard days during the first month. Over the past month I have been working on living in the moment and not worry about getting through my list of things to do. I haven't totally mastered this state of mind but I am working on it. A few weeks ago a friend said, "I certainly don't regret sitting on the couch and holding my baby while the house remained a mess". This really stuck with me and reminded me that I need to appreciate each stage of Jane's life. I am so grateful to have this sweet girl and so grateful to be her mother.

Comments

Heather said…
I love Jane's sweater. Where is that from? Keep holding that sweet baby!!! Today at Target Ella was in the funniest/cutest mood. She kept giggling at everything. So I stopped about every ten feet to swing her around just to hear her keep laughing. I think everyone thought I was crazy, but it was such a happy moment.
Johnson Family said…
I love the sweater and jeans. She looks so grown up! I can't believe she is already two months and we havn't gotten to hold her :-(
Teri said…
What a great statement from your friend to relish in! I will need to remember that, or you will need to remind me, when it is my turn. =) She is so precious, Lindy, I am happy for you. I look forward to meeting her.
Sarah S said…
Jane is darling!! Love those pictures. And I'm impressed with her stats. She's going to catch up to Charlie in no time! I had to laugh today when I saw Eli standing next to Davis, who is a couple months younger but many inches taller. My poor boys will have to settle for being average height...

And I'm glad you're enjoying some quality time with Jane. It's a constant struggle to not have my to do list running through my head, but the time with these little ones is so fleeting! It's all worth it.
Laura said…
She's getting so big and cute! I have a needlepoint on the wall (that my mom did in 1978) that says "cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep." Words to live by.

Popular Posts