Mother's Day 2015



Just keeping it real. We had more success with the individual shots but this one captures life as it is, crazy and fun!

I had a fabulous Mother's Day this year. It started with me sleeping in, which is the great way to start the day every once in a while. The girls brought me breakfast in bed (french toast and fresh raspberries) and I dined in my pj's all-by-myself. I love spending this day with my family but I also enjoy a little peace and solitude scattered throughout the day. 

After breakfast we go ready for church. The girls did a good job getting ready and tried to cooperate as much as possible to make for a smooth exit out the door (which can sometimes be challenging at this stage of life). We had a nice time at church and when we arrived home I made the girls take pictures with me on the front porch. The group shots didn't go so well but we had some fun individual shots. Here is Lizzie at 20 months. This age is quite busy but so much fun. 


And here is Cate at 3.5. She is spunky, strong and just plain silly sometimes. I love laughing with this sweet girl and seeing her smile light up her entire face. 


And my Jane Bear at 5.5. This girl has a kind heart and is such a great helper. She is the best big sister and is so much fun. 


After our photo shoot, we spent the afternoon relaxing and just being together. We Skyped with Grandma, Nana and Mimi. We are so blessed to have these amazing women in our lives and I am so grateful for each of them. They inspire me, encourage me and help me focus on what truly matters at this time of life.

After dinner Trever helped the girls wrap a few gifts, which was very sweet. They truly spoiled me this year! I am so grateful to be a mother and am grateful for our three amazing girls. They bring so much joy to my life. This stage of life can be exhausting and challenging but it is also rewarding and joyful and quite fulfilling to be with them each day. I am grateful to be a mother and hope to honor my girls by being the best mother I know how to be.  

Comments

Alecia said…
You're an amazing mother! And beautiful too!

Popular Posts