Birthday getaway
We were lucky enough to getaway to Lake Tahoe for our birthday weekend. The Burgons were gracious enough to stay with our girls, and we were grateful to leave them in such capable hands. We arrived in Tahoe on Friday afternoon in time for a late afternoon/evening hike. We met up with our friends the Johnsons and were able to enjoy a very peaceful and beautiful hike. There is nothing like being in nature with some of my favorite people to clear my head. The aspen trees were changing and the yellow leaves were so beautiful.
On Saturday we went on a mountain bike ride along the Flume trail. I was a little nervous about the ride because I haven't really even been on a bike for the past few years. I knew I would be okay on the climbs but the decants make me nervous. I am happy to report that I survived and quite enjoyed the ride. The views were amazing. We went through tunnels of yellow aspen trees, rode around a glassy mountain lake and enjoyed beautiful views of Lake Tahoe. It was a perfect day!
Our friend Pete took care of the cabin reservation and activity planning, which was so nice. I didn't give much thought to what we were going to eat, and where we were going to go, and it was really nice. I also got to catch up on my sleep and enjoyed the comfort of a king size bed. One of these days we are going to invest in one of those beauties!
Two days away with Trever was just what I needed. It was the perfect time away and left me excited to reunite with my girls and jump into our crazy life (not toe touch excited but happy and grateful to be with them again). Thank you to the Johnsons and Burgons for making everything happen. Happy birthday to us!
Beautiful aspen trees glowing in the background.
It took some effort to get this picture but I am glad we have it! Loved the view from our balcony.


Comments