T-K
Jane is attending Transitional Kindergarten at the local elementary school. Once I knew where we were going to live, I started exploring preschools in the area. Like most things in California, it's A LOT more expensive to go to preschool out here. After doing some research, I found out about the T-K program and figured out that Jane could attend the program at our local elementary school. A major bonus is that it is free (minus our tax dollars). Here she is taking our traditional picture.
Cate had to get in on the action as well. Next year Cate will have her own photo shoot and reason to celebrate.
The day before school we meet Jane's teacher and checked out her classroom. She was a little hesitant about going but seemed to do okay. She met a sweet friend that has become a lifesaver in making the transition to a new place. She is still struggling a bit but I know she will find her way. On the way home from the meet and greet she told me she wanted to move back to Illinois (which broke my heart) and I told her I understood (and I do).
Here she is on her first day of class just outside of the library. The school has some fun areas that have been decorated with art projects done by the children.
After 3 weeks of school Jane is finding her way. She is still a little hesitant to say goodbye at the door but every day she tells me that school is the best part of her day. She is going to learn a lot this year and is already learning pre-reading skills. Her classroom day is more like kindergarten than preschool but I think it will give her a good foundation for next year. I love you Jane and hope this year is a good one!






Comments